****IMPORTANT: If you are interested in trying out this fall, please look at our recent blog post regarding medical compliance****
Thank you for your interest in trying out for Boston University Women’s Club Soccer!
Tryouts will take place on Sunday September 6th from 8pm-11pm on Nickerson Field. Callbacks (invite only) will take place on Monday, September 7th from 9pm-11pm on Nickerson Field.
Practices are on Mondays from 9-11pm and Wednesdays from 6:30-9pm on Nickerson Field.
Tryouts Registration Checklist:
- Online Registration: Here.
- Browse Classes, select “Club Sports” and “Adult Recreation.”
- Scroll down to Club Soccer (W).
- Pay tryout fee and print receipt to bring with you to tryouts.
- Medical Waiver: Here.
- Fill out and sign waiver.
- Print and bring with you to tryouts.
- Interested Player Survey: Here.
- Fill out survey.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email shortly after.
Things to Bring to Tryouts:
- Shin Guards
- Running Shoes
- Dark and Light T-shirt
- Online Registration receipt (from Fitrec Website)
- Signed Medical Waiver
How to Prepare for Tryouts:
- Fitness. Fitness is a crucial aspect of the game. You must be in great shape to play, as our games start almost immediately. This means it is imperative that you train consistently during the summer. Prepare yourself for your typical fitness tests (beep test, 300s, etc.).
- Technical ability and first touch. We are looking for strong players who can compete at a high level of play. Our goal is to win the league and Regionals, and earn a bid to Nationals. Footwork and ball control are some of the main elements we will be looking for during tryouts.
- Speed of play and field vision. Decision-making and awareness under pressure will be key to finding players who fit well into our squad. We expect you to be getting lots of touches over the summer by means of playing on a team, pickup games, training on your own, etc.
If you have any additional questions about tryouts, don’t hesitate to email us at BostonUWCS@gmail.com.